VAT stands for Value Added Tax. It applies to most goods and services that are bought and sold for use or consumption in Europe.
Some of the most common reasons that may prompt a VAT registration are listed below.
- Importing good into the EU and your business is based outside the EU.
- Storing goods in the EU whether it’s in a warehouse or stored in a fulfilment centre like Amazon.
- Selling to business customers based in EU countries different from the EU country from where the goods are dispatched.
- Selling to EU consumers from another EU country above the ‘distance selling threshold’.
- Domestic sales by an EU established seller where sales exceed the ‘domestic selling threshold’.
To learn more if you need to be registered for VAT in the EU, reach out to our VAT experts on +44 (0) 208-004-1160 in the UK, ++1 (714) 782-7000 in the USA or email us at query@MyVATdirect.com.
About My VAT Direct Ltd
My VAT Direct is a bespoke VAT registration, fiscal representation, calculation and filing service specifically designed to assist Amazon Sellers and e-commerce merchants who desire the benefits of cross-market selling without the worry of tax compliance in foreign markets.
My VAT Direct is comprised of knowledgeable and experienced tax experts, who for 10+ years have helped e-commerce sellers enjoy the selling opportunities a mass market can provide.
About SMBE Direct Ltd
My VAT Direct is a subsidiary of SMBE Direct, a world reaching B2B and B2C business services conglomerate, giving rise to exceptionally talented and well-experienced professionals organised into business units, that provide direct services to SMEs and enterprise level businesses, whereby increasing their brand awareness and sales.