Our quick and easy check list will ensure you select the best VAT service provider for your business.
You’re ready to launch your business, e-commerce store or Amazon Sellers account in the UK or the European Union, but aren’t 100% sure if you need to be registered for Value Added Tax, what implications it poses for your business, or if the VAT filings and reporting are monthly or quarterly, let alone knowing if you need fiscal representation, an EORI number or if the EU’s One-Stop Shop VAT programme is required.
VAT and its implications for your business can be confusing and as such we recommend using a European VAT service provider to guide and manage your VAT registration, fiscal representation (where required), compliance, reporting and filing.
So what’s the best way to choose a European VAT service provider? We’ve developed a quick and easy check list to help you find the best VAT service provider for your business.
VAT Service Provider Check List:
- Check to ensure the VAT service provider covers the countries you want to sell your products.
- Check to make sure they can provide fiscal representations if required and that they don’t sub contract to a 3rd
- Check their track record, how often they have been audited by the VAT authorities… you want this number to be very low, at most one per 100 clients.
- Read the fine print! Ensure there are no hidden costs such as time limits on services or additional management/filing fees.
- VAT service providers typically specialise in business types or sales channels. Ensure they have similar clients to your business or targeted sales channels, e.g. Amazon, Shopify, Google Store etc.
- Make sure you can pick up the phone and speak with your VAT service provider. If they offer just email support or live chat, it’s a red flag, you’re probably in contact with a call centre. You want personalised service.
- If you’re selling in the EU make sure your VAT service provider can provide services for the Union’s new One-Stop Shop (OSS) and Import One-Stop Shop (IOSS). It can save you money and enable you to sell in multiple EU countries without being VAT registered in every EU country.
- Do they publish their rates on their website or do you have to request pricing? Although this isn’t a deal breaker we have found VAT services providers who are transparent with their pricing tend to provide better service.
- Finally, do they offer any customer guarantees? VAT service providers who believe in their service will often provide a 100% customer guarantee or money back guarantee.
Although not exhaustive, this check list should get you well on your way to selecting a VAT service provider that’s right for you and your business.
If you have additional questions on how to select the best VAT service provider for your business, please feel free to contact out VAT compliance team on +44 (0) 208-004-1160 in the UK, ++1 (714) 782-7000 in the USA or simply email us at query@MyVATdirect.com.
About My VAT Direct Ltd
My VAT Direct is a bespoke VAT registration, fiscal representation, calculation and filing service specifically designed to assist Amazon Sellers and e-commerce merchants who desire the benefits of cross-market selling without the worry of tax compliance in foreign markets.
My VAT Direct is comprised of knowledgeable and experienced tax experts, who for 10+ years have helped e-commerce sellers enjoy the selling opportunities a mass market can provide.
About SMBE Direct Ltd
My VAT Direct is a subsidiary of SMBE Direct, a world reaching B2B and B2C business services conglomerate, giving rise to exceptionally talented and well-experienced professionals organised into business units, that provide direct services to SMEs and enterprise level businesses, whereby increasing their brand awareness and sales.